Parish Council Policies and Procedures
Policies and Procedures governing the Parish Council
To view or download (as pdf) the policies and procedures, click the appropriate links:
- Standing Orders, which govern the conduct of public meetings
- Financial Regulations, which govern the handling of public money
- Code of Conduct, which governs how elected members behave in the public interest
- 1. Policy against Bribery
- 2. Policy on the Acceptance of Gifts and Hospitality
- 3. Policy against Fraud and Corruption
- 4. Policy on Whistleblowing
- 5. Complaints Procedure
- 6. Policy on Equality
- 7. Policy and Guidance Statements on Freedom of Information
- 8. Policy on Retention and Disposal of Records and Documents
- 9. Policy on Press and Media Protocols
- 10. Policy on Data Protection and Information Security
- 11. Council Employees' Code of Conduct
- 12. Protocol for Dealings by Council Staff with Members of the Public
General Data Protection Regulations
Effingham Parish Council takes your data privacy very seriously. We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner who maintains a public register of data controllers. To find out what processing of personal data is being carried out by us visit https://ico.org.uk/esdwebpages/search and input the name of our Council.
If you wish to find out what information the council holds about you please contact us providing your contact details, a brief description of the information you require and enclose proof of your identity. This could be a scanned copy of a household bill, passport or membership card.
You will receive a response to your request within 20 days.
Please send your request to the Clerk using the contact details on this page.