A Reference Book for Effingham : Centenary Edition 1994
Effingham Parish Council was founded in 1894. In 1994 the Reference Book for Effingham was produced as a centenary edition in a smart green and gold folder. A copy is held in the Parish Room.
Forty pages long, it first describes the origins of Effingham and the formation of the first Parish Council. A street-by-street account is then given of the village and its environment since 1945. This is followed by individual accounts of the village's churches, schools and other bodies.
The full text of this edition can be read or downloaded (pdf format, size 1Mb) by clicking here.