TRUSTEE VACANCIES – EFFINGHAM VILLAGE RECREATION TRUST
Vacancies have arisen for the appointment of two Trustees to the Effingham Village Recreation Trust (EVRT) by Effingham Parish Council.
The Trust’s main task is to manage the King George V Hall and Fields (KGV) at Browns Lane in Effingham, in line with the charity’s objectives of providing facilities for recreation and leisure for local residents. You can read more about the Trust at https://www.effinghamkgv.co.uk/about-us/. Effingham Parish Council appoints four out of the seven Trustees, but is now looking to fill just two places to join the continuing Trustees on the Board, for a term of up to four years.
This is a particularly exciting time to be a Trustee, since funding will be available to rebuild the KGV Hall in the next few years to provide facilities meeting modern-day expectations. The Trustees seek to balance the needs of the many different groups and organisations who use the KGV, and to do this it is important for Trustees to be independent and committed to serving the whole community.
What sort of person can be a Trustee?
We seek new Trustees with a 'can-do' attitude and possessing appropriate skills such as:
• Financial management and control, preparing business plans
• Preparing and managing formal documents, including legal agreements
• Surveying, architecture and planning (for the KGV rebuild)
• Event management, fund-raising and grant applications
• Communications and media, including web site development
If you are interested in this vacancy, please contact the Parish Clerk.
This advertisement is also downloadable as pdf here.
Effingham Parish Council
SAVE THE DATE
The 2018 Commoners Day at Effingham Common
SEE MORE NEWS here ...
Welcome to our website
We want to help you better understand what the Parish Council is, how it works, and what it does in the village. We also hope it will be a useful point of contact for residents who want to keep in touch with each other.
On this site you can
- find out who your parish councillors are, and how to contact them
- look up the decisions that the Parish Council has made about different topics
- locate contact numbers for reporting problems, for instance potholes
- research where your local footpaths and bridleways are
- read about the activities of the local history group
- ... and much more besides
There are links and contact details for many other village organisations.
The galleon used as this website's logo is the emblem of both the Parish Council and the village. It is the Ark Royal, the flagship of the English fleet in which Lord Howard of Effingham successfully faced the Spanish Armada in 1588. Sir Walter Raleigh had the ship built at Deptford in 1587 for his own use, but before launch she was purchased by Queen Elizabeth I for £5,000. Today’s HMS Ark Royal, 5th to bear the name, is still flagship of the ‘Senior Service’ – the navy. An emblem to live up to!